The Circle of Independent Learning is designed to reach the unique bent of genius in each of its students through personalized learning.
Our “circle of learning” – student, parent, advisory teacher, and community – work together to develop a personalized plan that best enables the student to discover his or her unique learning style and mature into an independent, life-long learner. Within this approach, students are provided with opportunities to grow through a variety of classes, activities and field trips.
School-wide Student Goals
1. COIL students will be effective communicators who:
- Utilize spoken and written communication
- Incorporate technology as a communication device
- Reflect self-expression and artistic appreciation
2. COIL students will be self-directed learners who:
- Set personal and collective goals
- Demonstrate organizational and time management skills
- Evaluate and apply new information
- Apply logical reasoning to solve problems
3. COIL students will be productive, responsible contributors to society who:
- Demonstrate respect for self and rights of others
- Contribute time, energy and talents to improve the quality of life in their school, community, Nation, and the world
- Demonstrate self-reliance
On behalf of the COIL Staff and Governance Council, thank you for choosing COIL Charter School. Your child will succeed here.